The New Google Mobile Community

Friday, June 27, 2008 | 2:22 PM



If you've been following this blog at all, it's probably pretty clear that we're passionate about mobile technology. And if you have really been following this blog, it probably means that you are passionate about mobile technology too. Well, we've created a place for you to connect with other mobile enthusiasts: the new Google Mobile Community.

We envision this community as being a place where you can discuss the world of mobile in general -- like cool new applications you've discovered or what you wish your phone could do. Or maybe you're looking to buy a new phone, and you're not sure which one to pick. Ask the group.

We also want the community to be a place where you can tell us what you think about our very own products. Sometimes we'll throw out a question about our products that only you have the answers to, such as why you use (or don't use) a certain feature. So keep an eye out for posts where we're asking for your feedback -- like this one. But also feel free to give us unsolicited feedback. What do you like about our mobile products? What don't you like? Are there features or products you would like to see? Be honest. We can take it.

There's really no limit to the discussion, with one small caveat: if you are trying to troubleshoot a specific technical issue with a particular Google product, check out our general Google Mobile Help Group or our more specific Maps and Gmail for mobile groups -- those are the places to ask technical questions. Search the group or post questions to find answers from other users about Google mobile products.

So come join the community... We're excited to hear from you!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Google Maps Mobile has some nice features but it is still lacking. Please add some additional functionality to the "My Location" feature. I would like to be able to have the option to view and send my location (latitude and Longitude)to anyone via email or text messaging. Right now I have to use Microsoft Live Search to retrieve my approximate location then remember my Lat/Long coordinates then paste them in a text message and send to my friends so they know how to find me. A simple "view Latitude/Longitude" would be great and even better would be that in addition to sending "my location" directly to someone else. Even better would be if I had "buddies" that I could track in real time on my google maps and have them be able to track me.

David said...

How come no Contacts among all these great applications? Seems like Contacts is one of the most basic and necessary of capabilities.

Me said...

Hello Google Team,

When can we expect Google Maps and other mobile applications for the new touch-screen Sprint Samsung Instinct (SPH-M800) phone?

This phone is Sprint's fastest selling 3G phone and has GPS chip in it. It will also be sold in Canada starting August 8th.

You can download the phone EMULATOR and free developer's toolkit here:
http://developer.sprint.com/instinct

(This phone uses custom keyboard widgets for text entry. Otherwise, it is J2ME MIDP 2.0 compliant)

Zhetchko Vitchev said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Unknown said...

Love iGoogle, Gmail, and Google Maps on my Treo. Here's the but.. I live and die by Google Calendar on my desktop. Why can't I search for a specific event or date when I access my calendar on my phone? Having to page through countless "next" links takes forever and simply renders the app unusable for me on the run. Am I missing something or are you?