Your mobile and desktop search history now in sync

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 | 4:50 PM

Sometimes I do a search on my desktop computer, only to find that I need to repeat the same search again later on my mobile phone. Today in the US we're launching Personalized Suggest for Android, iPhone and Palm WebOS, which makes it really easy to repeat your past searches on the go. For example, suppose that before I depart for the airport, I quickly check my flight status by searching for "american airlines 19" using google.com on my computer. Later, as I am hailing a taxi in rush hour traffic, I can open google.com on my phone, click in the search box, and choose "american airlines 19" from the list of search suggestions!

To try this yourself, make sure that you are signed-in to the same Google Account on your computer and on your phone when searching. In addition, Web History needs to be enabled for your Google Account. Mobile users can turn on/off history by selecting "Save searches" or "Do not save searches" under Settings on google.com.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! A fantastic feature.

I hope it won't be too long before that appears with Google Maps, and between places searched within maps and GCal places.

vinitneo said...

I fail to understand why you guys keep forgeting about symbian. Symbian has more market share than iPhone, palm and android combined. Still majority of your products are for iPhone and android only. Mobiles like N97 are powerful devices and would run applications as well as any other device. This is a request - please make apps for symbian too, We buy devices like N97 which are costlier than iPhone becasue we appricate these devices for what they can do but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't enjoy the cool apps that you are making.

Brian said...

Hi. Blackberry? Thank you.

teebir said...

Ya... screw iPhone, they just stuck it to you over Google Voice. Blackberry please.