Tablet image results in new carousel view

Thursday, December 8, 2011 | 8:00 AM

(Cross-posted on the Inside Search blog)

In July, we started to evolve the Google design and experience on Android and iOS tablets by updating features like larger touch targets and enhanced image viewing to make searching faster and easier. Today, we’re building on that foundation by adding a new image carousel for viewing large image results within a few swipes.

As someone who enjoys being outdoors, I like exploring beautiful images of nature. With the new image carousel, I can discover photos of bright sea anemones or colorful lorikeet birds on my tablet in a more interactive and immersive way. Now when I tap on an image result, it’ll expand in the carousel view and I can swipe through the search results. To learn more about an image, a tap on the web page preview, title, description or URL will take me directly to the webpage. See how you can take the image carousel for a spin:





Try out the new image carousel by going to Google on your iOS or Android tablet’s browser and searching for your favorite images. This feature is currently available in over 40 languages.

I hope you enjoy searching for beautiful images in this new view.

11 comments:

pflorin said...

Awesome i have a galaxy tab this is great.. Google working to improve tablets experience ... awesome thanks guys for the hard work!!

Matt said...

Cool...a tablet running ICS!

Unknown said...

When can we expect the ICS push to the US WIFI Xoom, clearly this Xoom is running it and it is supposed to be a GED? Can we get any information on that?

G. I. said...

Really nice, works on my Xperia Arc and it's not even a tablet! :)

Donovan Colbert said...

Not working right on my Transformer TF101.

Donovan Colbert said...

Does, however, work as advertised on my Droid 2 phone. ch

Chris Pratt said...

Doesn't appear to work with Dolphin HD Browser on my NotionInk Adam tablet?
(*Chris*)

Tom Ianello said...

So why am I unable to see the redesigned Google Search or Image Search features on my Droid X or Nook Color CM7? Do I have to have Honeycomb to be able to access the cool new search pages?

Tom Ianello said...

Never mind, had to do some digging to find out that only Android 3.1+ is supported. Thanks for thinking of us second-class Android users, Google.

HackTik said...

Quite nice. WIll try this out on my galaxy tab. Thanx

Convert blog into magazine

richardberry said...

Well picture seems that this tablet must be awesome.
Nokia Mobile Prices in Pakistan 2012