New hyperlocal ad feature helps you find nearby businesses

Wednesday, September 29, 2010 | 3:30 PM

Imagine driving to work and your Check Engine light comes on. After pulling over and calling a tow truck, you realize you’ll need another car to get to work while yours is getting repaired. You pull out your phone and search for “car rental,” hoping that you can find one nearby. From a Google search ad result you discover there’s an Enterprise Rent-A-Car location just half-a-mile away! You click on the phone number listed in the ad and are instantly connected with the car rental service. Soon, an Enterprise representative is on his way to pick you up.


Visit the Google Mobile Ads blog to read more about how a new hyperlocal ad feature provides distance information to help you know a business is nearby and helps businesses better connect with mobile users on the go.

3 comments:

Brian said...

Shouldn't you be able to send the Enterprise car to pick me up and roll AAA as soon as my Droid phone reports a sudden deceleration on a freeway?

Actually having to initiate my own search? You guys are getting lazy...

:-)

Unknown said...

Wanted Subway the other day. Just said to my phone "Call Subway" and it called the one that's right next to my house, even though I don't have it programmed into my contacts. Very, very, very cool.

... said...

Unless you're in an area with no cell coverage, like every other Google service. Cache maps! Cache addresses and phone numbers! My SD card is 8 GB, there's plenty of room.