Wednesday, April 28, 2010 | 2:04 PM
When you do an image search, we find that it is typical that you will look through many pages of search results. So in the redesign of Google Image Search for mobile, available today for iPhone 3.0+ and Android 2.1 devices, we focused on making it easy to quickly see as many image thumbnails as possible:
- The thumbnails are square to maximize the number of images we can get on the screen at one time so you can scan them quickly
- You can swipe to see the next or previous page of results, or tap the large, stationary 'Next' and 'Previous' page buttons
- We optimized for speed so that the images appear quickly when you browse
- The black background emphasizes the image and the buttons fade after a few seconds so you can just see images with little distraction
- Easily browse through the images by swiping from picture to picture
To try this new version of Image Search, just go to www.google.com on your phone and tap on “Images.” The new experience is available in 38 languages worldwide. Whether you like to look through pictures of prom dresses, impressionist paintings or 猫 ジャンプ we hope you love this update to Image Search for mobile.
Update on 6/2 @ 5:40 pm: This version of Image Search is now available for all Android and Palm webOS devices.