Wednesday, February 3, 2010 | 5:01 PM
Last September we announced Google Sync with push Gmail support and 2-way sync for calendar and contacts for iPhone, Nokia E series, and Windows Mobile devices.
Tomorrow we are taking the next step towards access from any location, on any device by launching new administrative controls that give these devices mobile access to Google Apps. Without having to deploy any additional software or manage enterprise mobile services, Google Apps Premier and Education customers will be able to manage their employees' mobile devices right from the Google Apps administration control panel.
These controls will enable new administrative policies for employees using iPhones, Windows Mobile devices, and Nokia E series phones including:
- Remotely wipe all data from lost or stolen mobile devices
- Lock idle devices after a period of inactivity
- Require device passwords on each phone
- Set minimum lengths for more secure passwords
- Require passwords to include letters, numbers and punctuation
For more information on how businesses can take advantage of this new functionality, check out our post on the Enterprise blog.