Google Search results optimized for feature phones in Arabic and Hebrew -- 40 languages now supported

Wednesday, August 26, 2009 | 6:30 PM

Forty-language support is an important milestone for a product at Google. We are very excited that by adding support for Hebrew and Arabic, our new optimized mobile Search experience is now available in 40 languages for feature phones.

We launched in 38 left-to-right languages in July, bringing the comprehensiveness of Google's web search to mobile users around the world. Now Arabic and Hebrew speakers will also be able to benefit from universal search results on their mobile devices.

As a reminder, the new search results format provides more complete support for the universal search results you're familiar with on your computer. This means that News, Image, Blog, Video and Product Search results blend right into your results pages when available and relevant to your query. Also, many of your favorite Google Search features now appear in the first result in order to provide direct answers to your searches.



5 comments:

Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Unknown said...

Good nice to see google finally supports Arabic ,it will be useful to use on phones , but as I have an android phone which doesn't support the Arabic language at all I wont be able to use it .

Gil said...

תודה לך גוגל!

Unknown said...

Google works great on mobile devices, including my iPhone. I have a qualm though: I live in UAE and I do not speak Arabic. However, when I access any google product (search, apps, etc.) from my mobile browser, I only get Arabic display, with no option to switch to English. In essence, I cannot use any Google web based product on my mobile at all!

Ronnen said...

Thanks. Tho, We desperately need a bi-di support for mobile Gmail as well. (for Android\BlackBerry Gmail app)