Got Questions? Try the new Google Mobile Help Forum

Monday, November 24, 2008 | 6:00 PM

We know that with many Google products launching on an array of mobile devices, you're bound to have questions. And with all your experience using those products and devices, you're also likely to have some knowledge to share. Even though we've tried to make our help center as up to date as possible, you'll likely have even more questions that we haven't addressed yet. We can't talk to everyone -- there are millions of you! -- but we've been working hard to provide you with better ways to express your views and discuss our products. To that end, we're very excited to invite you to a housewarming party as our help community moves from Google Groups to a brand new platform: the Google Mobile Help Forum.

The new platform was built from scratch to offer you some exciting new features:

  • Q&A format to help you find answers quickly
  • Improved search and integration with the Google Mobile Help Center
  • Better spam detection and prevention
  • Public recognition of Top Contributors and frequent posters (with more posting privileges as you make your way up)
  • Ability to subscribe to ask questions and receive answers via email
Naturally, we're pumped for the move. We've got a dynamic system of levels to reward your contributions, and a profile that you can personalize. You can subscribe to the forum (or to individual discussions) by RSS feed. You can even vote on which responses answer the question best and mark a best answer to a question you asked.

The new forum is just one step in our quest to build better products and connect you with one another, so stay tuned for more. As part of this transition, we'll archive the current Google Help Group, as well as the Google Mobile Community. We hope you'll use the Forum not just when you need help, but also to share your enthusiasm and give tips and tricks to the whole mobile community. So stop by to introduce youself, and stay to ask and answer a few questions.

8 comments:

GreenMonster said...

This is great! Thanks!!

Pirate King said...

when can g1 phone be found in asia,especially singapore?

Margie said...

I hear there is a dual sim capability with the G1 Android. I live between Italy and the US. I have T Mobile for my mobile company in the US.

Is it possible to use both an Italy and my T mobile sims in the phone together.

H2Joe said...

I really want to switch from my M$ Outlook/Blackberry setup to a Google/Android setup. I can not do this until Google/Android has a ToDo/Task List. When will Google have this "must have" feature.

Frenchie said...

When will Google Talk be available for Windows Mobile 6.1?

Unknown said...

Help !!! I am locked out of my google phone and it is asking for my google account, I didn't have one set up so I set up a new one but that didn't work . . . how do I unlock my phone ?!?!?

Unknown said...

GOOGLE APPLICATIONS CAN NOT BE DOWNLOADED ON THE LG DARE. YOU MUST UPGRADE TO A PDA OR UPPER LEVEL SMART PHONE! AGAIN, YOU CAN'T DOWNLOAD GOOGLE APPS ON THE LG DARE.

Unknown said...

I wish googles more up to date maps could be downloaded to my garmin. and or other GPS formats. Then business data and road data would stay far more current than Garmin does on its own.