Google search to be the default for Opera's mobile browsers

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 | 8:14 AM



If you're one of the millions of people with an Opera Mobile or Opera Mini browser on your phone, you may be pleased to know that Google will soon be the default search engine on the browser start page. We're certainly excited about it -- it will now be even easier for Opera's new and current mobile users to get the information they need, whenever and wherever they need it.

For more details about our new collaboration with Opera, please check out their press release. To learn more about Opera or to download one of their mobile browsers, head here. As always, you can read more about Google mobile products on our website.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh thank God! Finally! I love Opera Mini and their forcing Yahoo on us was painful.

As much as I love Google, I hope that in all fairness, there would be a way for people to change their default search engine to any other if they so choose

Naive Bayesian said...

I second this.

Jason Trenkler said...

I am thankful that Google will be the default search. I very much prefer their search engine over Yahoo's.

OrganicPro said...

Great, I was waiting for this, in fact I already did it manually and use to think why google is not thr default SE. I thought must be becoz of revenue sharing or something else...

thanx Google n operaminni